Green beans don't need to be boring. Here's a new way to eat them!
Basically, the recipe is to grill beans, then add a sweet sauce and sesame seeds.
Prep : 20 min
Cooking : 15 min
Servings : 4
- 10 cups (1 kg) green beans trimmed
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) grilled sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) cider vinegar (I replaced it with balsamic vinegar)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sambal oelek
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add the green beans and cook for 1 minute from the moment the water boils again.
- Drain the beans, mop them up (very important to remove all water!) and put them in a large bowl.
- Add sesame oil, salt generously and mix.
- Put the beans on a baking sheet and cook on broil for a few minutes on the top rack of the oven until the beans start to brown. Stir and continue cooking for a few minutes. Remove from oven and place in a large bowl.
- Pour the ingredients for the sauce into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then let it reduce until it has a syrupy consistency. Add the sauce to the beans.
- Mix well and garnish with sesame seeds.
Recipe adapted from the cooking book La Cuisine de Jean-Philippe, ses 100 meilleures recettes véganes