Here is a classic & improved appetizer, very easy to do (for all beginners)!
Vegan parmesan can be found in April, grocery store, for example. It tastes really similar to real parmesan.
Prep : 15 min
Cooking : 10 min
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and cut into small dices
- 1/2 cup of olives, sliced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (or 1/4 red onion)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, one of them finely chopped
- Salt & pepper
- Vegan parmesan
With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
Place the bread slices on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of the oil. Toast in the oven for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on the baking sheet.
Take one half of garlic and rub each crouton with.
In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, shallot, basil, vinegar, garlic, and the remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper.
poon the tomato mixture onto the toasted bread and sprinkle with parmesan.
Recipe inspired by Ricardo: https://www.ricardocuisine.com/en/recipes/5718-basic-bruschetta