Quinoa & Sweet Potato Salad
Those who know me know that I am not a fan of salads .. but this one is really tasty and satisfying!
A simple salad that will give you energy!
Prep : 15 min
Cooking : 15 min
Servings : 6
- 1 cup of dry quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 cups chickpeas (canned or cooked)
- Fresh basil, chopped (to taste)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spread the sweet potato cubes on a baking sheet and coat with oil, salt and pepper. Bake 15 minutes or until tender, pricking with a fork.
- Cook the quinoa in the water as indicated on the package (app 15 min).
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the vinaigrette.
- Put all the ingredients for the salad in a large bowl with the vinaigrette and mix.
Recipe inspired by my friend Eli