Quinoa & Chard Salad
It's the season of chard in Quebec! Rich in antioxidants, packed with essential vitamins and minerals, it is known for its many healing properties!
Discover this fresh and tasty recipe!
Preparation: 15 min
Cooking: 15 min
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup rinsed quinoa
- 1/3 cup vegan sour cream
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of lime zest
- 2 Tbsp of lime juice
- 1 tsp curry
- 2 cups chard, leaves and stems chopped
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels (you can do like me and use corn kernels that you have frozen)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- Herbs: 1 Tbsp chopped chives OR 1 Tbsp basil and 1 Tbsp mint (adjust to taste)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add quinoa, reduce heat, cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine sour cream, oil, lime zest, lime juice and curry powder. Salt and pepper.
- Add cooled quinoa, chard, corn, tomatoes, cucumber and chives. Salt and pepper. Mix gently.
Recipe adapted from Coup de pouce : http://www.coupdepouce.com/cuisine/entrees-et-accompagnements/recette/salade-de-quinoa-a-la-bette-a-carde-vinaigrette-cremeuse-au-cari