Chick'n Salad Sandwich
This tofu spread recipe will surprise you! Take a chance and try it even if you don't like tofu.
I was reluctant to this recipe (cold tofu, really?!), but I trusted Jean-Philippe (famous vegan chef) and I am very happy! The spread is tasty, light but still makes you full. Plus, the recipe is really easy!
Total time: 15 min
Servings: 4 sandwiches
- 1 block (350 g) firm tofu
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of vegenaise
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
In a food processor
- Rinse the tofu.
- In the food processor, put all the ingredients except celery. Mix for a few seconds at a time, until homogeneity.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the celery and mix
In a chopper (for those who don't have a food processor)
- In a chopper, incorporate lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, vegenaise and maple syrup and mix. Transfer into a bowl.
- Rinse the tofu and cut into cubes.
- In the same chopper, stir in 1/3 of the tofu and grind. Transfer the tofu to the bowl that contains the sauce. Repeat those steps for the rest of the tofu. If you put the whole tofu in one time, you will not be able to grind it.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix.
Serve on bread. Garnish with vegenaise and lettuce if desired.
Recipe adapted from La cuisine de Jean-Philippe, ses 100 meilleures recettes véganes (buy the book to discover all the other recipes)