Black Bean Wrap
This wrap saved my boyfriend for practically all his undergrad years. Well I'm exaggerating, but it's so fast and easy to do while being a very nutritious meal, he ate those wraps a lot, lot, lot ...
You don't really need a recipe, but it gives you an idea of what you could put in your wrap and how it's a lot less boring than a baloney sandwich ..
Total time: 10 min
- 1 large tortilla (I prefer whole grain)
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup black beans (cooked or rinsed and drained if using canned; you could also use chickpeas)
- 1/4 cup corn kernels (you can do like me and use corn kernels that you have frozen)
- 1/4 cup cucumber, diced
- 3 slices of sweet pepper (red, yellow or orange)
- 1 Tbsp black olives, sliced
- 1 cup baby greens (I used spinach)
- 2 sprigs cilantro (optional, but gives lots of taste)
On a tortilla, pour salsa in a strip.
Spread black beans, corn, cucumber and olives over salsa.
Tear leaves off cilantro stems and sprinkle over bean mixture.
Top with baby greens.
Fold side edges of wrap over the ingredients and then roll from the front edge closest to you.
Slice the wrap in half and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Veggie Primer : http://veggieprimer.com/black-bean-wrap-quick-and-easy/