These patties are as good in burger as eaten alone.
Burger patties already made in grocery stores can be quite expensive. Doing them yourself costs almost nothing and it's quick & easy to make!
It's also possible to make a large quantity and to freeze them. Make sure to put waxed or parchment paper between each patty.
Servings: 8 large patties
Total time : 30 minutes
- 3 cup cooked beans (I used mixed beans)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (I used the italian style)
- 3 Tbsp ketchup
- 1/3 cup oil (or enough to form patties)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C)
- For the lucky ones with a food processor : In a food processor, mix all the ingredients until well combined (about 15 Seconds).
- For the others : Using a fork, crush the beans in a large bowl. Some beans will remain uncrushed. It doesn't matter as long as it looks a bit like a dough and that you are able to form patties. Add bread crumbs, ketchup, cumin, salt and oil and continue crushing and mixing. Add the onion and mix.
- Form patties, place them on an oiled baking sheet and crush them a bit to be flat.
- Bake 20 minutes, adding oil if necessary.
- Eat as is with vegetables or serve on buns and garnish with tomatoes, lettuce and condiments of your choice.