The Amazing Caramel-Chocolate cake
This Caramel & Chocolate Cake is my favorite! I think I've asked for this cake for my last 10 birthdays and this year, my mom veganized it.
It wasn't really hard to veganize .. there were only sour cream and caramel that were not vegan. The recipe itself is also very simple!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 squares Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate, melted
- 1 cup of cocoa
- 3/4 cup vegan sour cream (bought in Avril for example or homemade (veryyy easy))
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup vegan caramel
- 1/3 cup roasted pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients. Beat at high speed for 3 minutes or until homogeneous.
- Pour into a 9-inch (23 cm) hinge pan, greased and floured.
- Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 min; unmold.
With the handle of a small wooden spoon, make holes in the cake. Pour caramel and pecans. If the caramel is too stiff, lenghten with unsweetened soy milk heated.