Believe it or not, I had never cooked pancakes until this weekend! I can confirm that this recipe is for beginners. It's also really quick to make and is perfect for a lazy weekend morning!
We all have this uncle/brother/father-in-law who doesn't want to taste the food we brought because it's vegan (aka men eat meat!). For those who are tired of these remarks, no one will know, at your sugar shack diner, that these crepes are vegan and they will please your family!
I prefer thin pancakes (crepes), so I added about 1/2 cup of water. That's why I didn't specify a quantity, it's as you like!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (450 g)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (30 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (5 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt (5 g)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (60 mL)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (2.5 mL)
- 3 cups soy milk, or your favorite non-dairy milk (750 mL)
- 3 tablespoons oil (45 mL) or as needed for cooking
- Water, to desired consistency
In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Add remaining ingredients and whisk until mixture is smooth (for thiner pancakes, add water).
Heat 1 tablespoon oil (15 mL) in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup (60 mL) of batter into pan.
Cook pancake for 2 minutes on each side until lightly golden. Repeat with remaining batter, adding oil as needed.
Top pancakes with maple syrup and seasonal fruit.
Recipe inspired by La cuisine de Jean-Philippe: https://www.thebuddhistchef.com/recipe/vegan-pancakes/