Healthy little pizzas to serve as a starter or as a main meal!
My boyfriend doesn't like eggplants very much. Therefore, he wasn't really excited to try this recipe. However, he devoured all the pizzas! The moral of this story is that it's worth trying, whether or not you like eggplants!
Prep time : 15 min
Cook time : 30 min
Total time : 45 min
- 1 eggplant
- Herbs of Provence, basil or oregano
- Pizza sauce or tomato sauce
- Olives, cut into slices (I used green olives)
- Cheeze, grated (I used the Original one from Gusta)
- Fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Wash the eggplant and cut into slices. Slices should be thick enough to support the filling.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet. Put some salt and the spices and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread with tomato sauce. Sprinkle with olives and cheeze.
- Cook again for 5-10 minutes. Note that the cheeze will not melt as much as cheese.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil.
- Serve as a starter or on the side. For a main meal, add beefless ground (soy-based minced meat) or lentils in the tomato sauce or sliced vegan sausages.
Recipe inspired by my friend Chloé
You tried the recipe? You have suggestions for me? Feel free to tell me your impressions in the comments below!