This lentil soup is my mother's specialty! As you already know (since you have obviously read all my previous articles), I didn't eat any legumes when I became vegetarian ... It's with this delicious soup that I discovered lentils!
This recipe is perfect for my pre-busy meal prep * because you can freeze it easily!
* For those who don't know the joy of the firms, the pre-busy is the time of the year when I have to prepare my meals 4 months in advance, because I will not have time to live (and therefore no time to cook) afterwards.
Preparation: 15 min
Cooking: 15 min
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) medium curry powder
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced (small dice)
- 5 cups (1.25 litres) vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) red lentils, dry and rinsed
- Harissa or other hot pepper paste, to taste
- Salt and pepper
In a saucepan, brown the onions, garlic and curry powder in the oil.
Add the carrots and cook for 1 minute.
Add the remaining ingredients.
Bring to a boil, cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Adjust the seasoning.
Serve with Spicy Pita Chips or naan bread.
Recipe inspired by Ricardo: https://www.ricardocuisine.com/en/recipes/95-lentil-soup